Yes we do at an additional charge of R795.00 per person for our Daytrip safari’s and an additional charge of R1190.00 per person for our Overnight Safari’s.
We do not have any age restrictions for children doing our game drives, but there would be an age restriction of 16 years old and weight restriction of 95kg’s for our Horseback or Quadbike safari options.
It would be an approximately 2 hour drive from Cape Town to the reserve
- 12h30 - Welcome drinks at Aquila – Please note that the same itinerary repeats itself daily
- 12h30 - Buffet Lunch
- 14h00 - Check in to Cottage
- 16h30 - 2hr to 3hr Game Drive
- 19h30 - Buffet Dinner
- 06h00 - Game Drive and visit to ARC
- 08h00 - 09h00 - Buffet Breakfast
- 10h00 - Check Out of Cottage
- 10h00 - 11h30 - Time at leisure
- 12h30 - Depart for Cape Town
5.Would we be able to swop one of our game drives for a other activities as part of our Overnight stay?
Yes, you are welcome to swop one of your game drives for one of our other activities at an additional charge of R895.00 per person per Horseback safari or R1095.00 per person per Quad bike Safari.
No, all our game drives are guided. The safari is led by an experienced guide who will share exciting inside-story facts about your surroundings - easily rousing your inner wild side.
ARC (Aquila Rehabilitation & Conservation Centre) is situated on a separate piece of land directly opposite the main entrance of Aquila Private Game Reserve. Aquila has donated the stretch of land to ARC and has also invested over R1 million building a large outdoor sanctuary comprising of several 1 hectare fenced camps where these once doomed “canned lions” can live out the remainder of their lives.
ARC is a non-profit section 21 company (No 2004/011009/08) and guests visiting Aquila are invited to visit the Centre free of charge.
Bookings are subject to availability. Availability does change by the hour. I would suggest you book and pay the deposit as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Our safari guides are very experienced, and have been with Aquila for quite a while. They try spotting as many of the Big 5, as well as other animals indigenous to the land, as possible. We do know that for many of our guests, to see the big 5 is a once in lifetime experience, hence we go the extra mile.
For children we offer the following:
- Game Drives
- Jungle Gyms
- Play Stations and
- Mini Golf
- Horseback Rides.
Premier Luxury Chalets
- There are just five premier luxury chalets, each a swank style and equally exclusive. Chalets are privately situated and have been built into the hillside of the reserve.
- Chalets combine natural rock elements, wood and stone - creating a definite back to nature ambiance. The en suite bathrooms include; twin hand basins, a toilet, bathtub, and outdoor shower. The honeymoon suite boats a Jacuzzi.
- Each unit opens up onto a private patio, which is perfect for frosty cocktails on hot summer nights. On colder evenings, most guests curl up on the plush furniture, in front of the chalet log fire.
- Premier safari lodge accommodation is hopelessly charming - a bush pleasure rarity.
- Standard Luxury Chalets
Standard Luxury Cottages
- Accommodation is also a collection of semi detached units. Chalets have thatch roofs and feature exterior stone work.
- Each unit is a unique contemporary African design.
- In keeping with the design and flow of the architecture at Aquila, the Standard Cottages do not compromise the experience or the standard.
- Each has its own patio, corner bath and outdoor rock shower.
- Cottages are equipped with mini bars, air-conditioning, fans and feature ‘coal’ stoves for the extra bit of warmth and cosiness in winter months.